Implement a “Cash Register” applet as demonstrated below. It should have the following functionality:
1. A section containing 9 buttons in a 3x3 layout where each button corresponds to an item to be purchased and an associated item cost. The example below has each button correspond to a common fruit.
2. Another button (Clear) below the 9 buttons to set all values back to the original values.
3. A field above the buttons to accept a quantity of items to be purchased.
4. Another field that displays the current total of purchases (sum of all quantity * price). The user should not be able to enter any value into this field directly. There is no need to worry about formatting the display.
5. A display field at the bottom to display the record of items purchased with a associated line item total in the format below. This area should show at least the last five items purchased in the display area. Line items more that 5 can be accessed via a scroll bar (part of a TextArea). The user should not be able to enter any value into this field directly.
3 orange @ .55 each $[url removed, login to view]
The organization of the components on the screen is important and will be considered for grading purposes. The use of nested panels and the various layout managers is expected.
I would do it using JavaFX and would use listview instead of textarea for listing bought products. Also, I want everything to be pixelperfect, so layout won't be an issue. BR.