My client wants to build a plug-in for AutoCAD 2012.
Here is what the plug-in needs to do:
1. The plug-in can be installed and loaded like a normal AutoCAD plug-in.
2. Display a button in the AutoCAD menu environment, so that the user can invoke the plug-in easily when he has a drawing open.
3. When the users presses the button for the plugin (or enters the command word in the command line), the plug-in picks the raster from the selected existing XREF in the currently open drawing.
3. The plug-in loads that raster and submits it to an already existing DLL program. The DLL performs a graphics transformation process, (something similar to changing the bitmap colors). You don't need to program this graphics transformation DLL. It already exists and runs reliably and well.
4. The plug-in takes the output of that graphics transformation and writes it to the referenced raster file, then updates the displayed XREF so user sees the translation that was performed.
5. The plug-in gets out of the way and the user can continue to work on the AutoCAD drawing. The new element behaves like any other XREF raster attachment.
We may award several of the bids for this project concurrently and will pay all invited developers for their efforts. We will then keep using the best program and will likely have substantially more work for the successful developer in creating more similar plug-ins.
In order to qualify, please let us know:
* What language would you write that AutoCAD plug-in in? Please list reasons why you recommend that language and also list specific reasons why other languages are unsuitable or non-optimum for this plug-in.
* Have you written AutoCAD plug-ins before with .NET and C# (please be specific what you have written)?
* Do you have experience with AutoCAD plug-in developmentl? What languages and how much experience for each language?
* What is your bid for the above request?