I am looking for a really simple stock management system. Nothing complex at all – this is what we do on paper which we need converting to excel. Needs to look like a Windows package with a load of drop down boxes.
1. Date stock arrived, who owns the stock (we have several customers), description of the stock, Image of the stock (optional), cost of the stock, quantity of the stock, location of the stock (we have 100 bays where we store stock so, if a member of staff needs to find a stock item, they should be able to input the description and the system will tell them where it is). When we enter a product we don’t want to add a retail price as many items are sold on ebay and we will never know what they sell for.
2. We should be able to search on product code, description, stock type (sofa, table, chest etc etc – we are a furniture company) or similar. It should be able to find items on the database if we don’t know the full product code – ie – if we search on table belonging to customer A – it should show all tables they have in stock so we can select the one we are looking for.
3. When we sell a stock item – we need to be able to put a buyers reference (ie name and address, telephone number, ebay name), what sold and how much it sold for. We need to be able to add the delivery element. For instance an items sells for £50 with £20 delivery – the invoice should show £70. We will need to report on delivery separate from furniture – see below.
4. When an items sells – we also have to record payment type (cash, cheque, paypal, credit/debit card, transfer)
5. When we sell an item – we have a few processes before its finished. IE – when an item sells it goes into pending until its paid, once paid it moves to processing, when its delivered it goes into completed. I need to be able to move live orders through the process
6. When an item books in – we need to show the item as Paid For or On Account – we have to be able to select from a dropdown list – the account name we owe for the stock. We can set all of these up manually.
7. We also have a delivery company – when we have a delivery job where there is no stock involved – we have to be able to create an invoice for the that and report on it.
8. There are items we sell for other people where we get 25% of te selling price and 100% of the delivery fee. I need to be able to show this and it needs to be separate from the general sales as otherwise it will reduce my margin. The delivery element will go to the delivery report though.
These are a sample of the reports we need top product
1. Value and quantity of all stock in warehouse
2. Value and quantity of stock per customer
3. Value and quantity of stock per type
4. Sales per date range
5. Sales per customer
6. Graphs to show stock levels broken down per customer
7. Graphs to show sales broken down per product type
8. Run a payment report so we can analysise how people pay
9. We should be able to search on jobs in pending and processing – it should show us customer names, postcodes, product types and tel numbers.
10. 10. Report on people we owe for stock – see 7 above.
11. Show the revenue for delivery see section 8 above.
12. We need to be able to backup to a flash drive at the touch of a button.
13. Once backed up – I would like to take the flash home and update the system I will be running at home.
14. Whenever invoices are produced we should be able to select print or pdf. When we print we need to be asked how many copies we need.
15. I need a running GP%, stock figure per customer, sales per month showing on the front screen so I can always track the performance
the best process is to adapt an ebay [package you already have. i will need to add stock to see if it will work in my business.