This is an on-going monthly service (12 months) consisting in planning and coordinating the execution of ~6 Unprecedented Solo Open Water Swimming World Record Challenges per year for the Swimmer Pablo Fernandez (see video: [login to view URL]).
I am an entrepreneur that sold his company ([login to view URL]) and committed to donate part of the proceeds to charity causes. See my Pledge ([login to view URL]).
I decided that the best way to give back to society was through Unprecedented Open Water Swims around the globe and donate money to local charities in the regions where I swim.
An example was the Swim that I did from Senegal to Gambia (world record), a 9h 56minutes swim through the treacherous waters of Gambia River. See info: [login to view URL]
As you see in the link, these swims need to be recognized by the Marathon Swimming Federation as official “documented swims” and need to follow a rigorous procedure to get their stamp. In the link before you can see the GPS route, video shootages, observers log, media coverage...
The work can be done remotely from anywhere in the world and consists in:
1. Identifying potential unprecedented open water swim challenges (two spots in the world, like channels, lakes, straits, rivers, water space among countries/continents…) that have not been swam yet.
2. Analyzing the feasibility of those potential challenges: Make sure that they have not been attempted before, understand see conditions…
3. Contacting and getting a local sponsor (not economically but logistically), normally local swimming federations, to assist with the overall assessment of the challenge: sea conditions such as currents behavior, winds, water temperature, sea wildlife… and also with logistical issues such as getting boats, cameraman with drone, local fishermen, best course of the route.
4. Making sure that the swim follows the [login to view URL] rules and being the point of contact with them before and after the swim to make sure that the swim gets the “Documented Swim” official Stamp as a world record.
5. Getting the information, media materials and stories to a media agency (this will be outsourced) to make sure that the swim challenges get enough media coverage
6. Creating a “Brand” for the overall Challenges that will crystallize in a website featuring all the Swim Challenges, Records, Stories, Media coverage… No need to have IT technical capabilities (as the creation of the website / logo… will be outsourced), but the key is to have the broad picture and coordinate the execution of other freelancers (logo, design, videos…)
7. In a second step, contacting and signing up financial sponsors that could contribute both by financing the swim challenges but also the charity causes.
I am looking for someone that has:
1. Strong organizational capabilities (to manage many tasks at the same time )
2. Great conversational capabilities in English as most of the work will be done over the telephone, video conferences and emails.
3. A “Can be Done Attitude” and Great “diplomatic” abilities. Most of this challenges will be in third world countries where the first reaction will be “It cannot be done”, so persistence and diplomacy are KEY in getting the OK from local sponsors
4. Not necessary, but ideally “Spanish Speaking” capabilities
- It will consist in a monthly fixed allowance between €250 and €500 per month (depending on the profile) and a success fee of €1,000 per swim challenge once the swim gets the “Documented Swim” Stamp by the [login to view URL] organization, implying an estimated compensation of a 12 month project of +€10,000.