We want to convert our paper based data collection forms to an electronic data collection forms on a table device. We want your advice before we go into the project as to the best way to design the system. Some back ground: We have a consultancy business in Brisbane Australia. We have been doing "blind" audits of furniture & equipment for many years using pre printed paper forms to note the equipment that is in a specific room. A blind audit means that we have no idea what we might find on the site, we just open the door of the room and start documenting each items there. Very tedious but some one has to do it. We end up with a handwritten page per item incl a code, desc, size, condition, an image file # etc. That paper data is then sent to the office for another person the type the data into a database. Duplicating data entry and prone to typo errors and not time efficient. We envisage a system where our teams of 2 auditors can use a preformatted form on a tablet and just enter the data stright into a simple table (csv?). The data is then uploaded by wifi to the office and we parse it and then append it to our main databases and run the reports. We have been experimenting with [url removed, login to view] but are not convinced that is the best option. If we commission you to do this work we will give you access to our Goformz account to see what we have done there.
So: we would like you to confirm if you will :
1) investigate the options for creating a form to our design
2) will be android (v4.2) tablet compatible.
3) Will save data to a csv format for excel interrogation and eventual upload to an accdb or SQL.
4) The form would be preformatted with variable field types available ie: Text, number, image, date, radio button, list box etc.
5) Must be able to be used to collect data from multiple devices / teams at the same time. Happy to have the collected data merged off site.
6) The form must be able to be edited and redistributed to all devices easily.
7) Could be based on a PDF / JPG background with fields overlays (such as in goformz)
8) The maximum number of fields to be filled per the initial form is approx 30.
9) The end result may be a recommendation for a commercial application.
10) We are not really interested in a full ground up custom written application. Too long a development cycle and too expensive.
11) Must be available within 10 working days.
12) We want to expand the system gradually over a period of time (maybe to end up with a collection of forms of maybe 50 different types)
Let me know what you can do.
Thanks Rob Greatrex