We are in the process of re-design our e-commerce web site. Our company based in Italy and Germany sells worldwide. We have a database of more than 10000 products. Our graphic department can provide product pictures according to your specification for the internet. The products details will be provided on excel file already divided in about 4 depth of navigation. The product departments, categories etc. in about 4 depth of navigation will be provided on excel file. The product prices will be provided on separate excel file, prices are based on quantity (1 cost 10,00, 10 cost 8,00, 100 cost 5,00 etc), there are special prices for special group of customers or special customers. The stock status will be provided on excel file and should be updated via cron 2 or 3 time a day. The web site will be made in 4 languages EN/IT/DE/FR, we will provide the languages texts. All other data for the web site like customers, shipping methods, paying methods, etc will be provide on excel file or on TXT files. You are responsible for setting-up and group according to our specification all the data (specially the products and categories) in the web site.
We are looking for a talented company/individual that can programme and design our web site according to our graphical department specification. This is not a 10 products web site. We need real expert that can show a portfolio of e-commerce web sites like requested above. We need a strong graphic impact web site. Every page should list only the necessary information always with great graphic. You should have graphic skills.
You have to suggest the OS database, the OS operating system, the OS e-commerce platform, the Hosting solution etc. keeping in mind that we need a fast load web site (this is top important), it should be at least fast as our current web site. You will be responsible for the web site maintenance so please state a separate price for Year maintenance this should include web site BUG fix and web site improvement up to 30% of the code. You must be available 24/7. The code of the web site should be our property and should be delivered on DISK to our head office. We should have total access to any area of the web site including the code.
Web site should be SEO optimised and iphone optimised. For several key-words we need to be at least in the first page of major search engines. The web site should be secure and safe.
An important aspect is the integration with our erp system upload and download of Products, customer, prices, stock status, invoices, order etc. via excel files or in some cases via TXT file according to our specifications.
You need to understand world e-commerce rules, including EU tax system (VAT), shipping, paying methods etc. We offer to our customers a wide spectrum of shipping and paying methods. You must be able to set up payment gateway via our bank (banca sella) and via paypal. You must be able to allow customers for online tracking via UPS or other shipping carriers (we provid specs.).
The web site will include following areas:
-The community (all registered customers can create their space on our web site posting info on their business, their artwork pictures or designs, their videos etc. all posts must be approved by us before to be on-line.
-My Account (customer self service area, customer can manage the account see all the orders, see all the invoices (goods sent) see the wish list, generate an order from a previous order or a wish list etc)
-My wish list
-Newsletter (sign-in, sign-out including in the back office the possibility to build and send newsletters to customers or customers groups),
-Advanced search feature (with Thumbnail product picture return and brief description). During the navigation the customer should have access to the product navigation bar.
-Personalized recomandations after log-in
Advanced features of modern e-commerce should be available:
Auto generated Product recommendation according to previous customers shopping experience, Special offers , New Arrival, Top seller, up-sell and cross-sell features etc.
Product Page: This should be done Amazon like, with price, special price (with ending date), discounted price for quantity, in stock or coming soon, also product page should show group of products, we have several products that are grouped, the customer should be able in the same page to select an item from a group of items (also the picture should change), like in the shoes business you can select the size or colour (we do not sell shoes). Customers can see more pictures of the product, can see a video of the product etc. From this page the customer can see product recommendation (up-sell, cross sell) You may like recomandations (auto-generated from previous customer shopping experience), customer review etc, link to external pages and registered users can download the product MSDS in pdf in several language.
The customer should be informed via e-mail for all the steps of its order, got the oder, shipped the order, with online trk. etc.
Every day from our ERP system we will send to the web site the invoices via TXT file (our specs). Every time we need we should download from the website orders and customer info via TXT file (our specs) to be imported into our ERP. These data flow should be set-up according to our specs.
We should be able to import and export all major data from our erp to the web and vice-versa (Customers, products details, update of prices, orders, stock level, invoices etc).
To make it easy the front end the back office should have all the feature of a modern e-commerce solution fast and easy to browse.
We need coupons, we need free shipping on some occasion, email marketing, Statistics via google analytic, google adwords monitoring, quick order form, area to download of our catalogs and other files, possibility for the customers to browse online our paper catalog via flip page software and to reach the product page from it. The customer can save the cart to order later. Single page checkout would be important.
• You should comply with user expectations and with industry leading browsers and popular web design trends.
• We expect reasonable adherence to timely and detailed review and sign off policies with project demos as required for verification.
• You must have a strong understanding of SEO elements as to content that drives a successful e-commerce online store.
• You should understand best practices for e-commerce store navigation and make recommendations to improve.
We will only accept bids from specialists who have live examples of stores to show us. We will provide additional information for the project to developers we choose only after review of your existing work. We will also provide professional photography of our products. You must provide samples of past experience with relevant examples with the ecommerce platform of online stores you have built as well as references on request.
Overview of Expectations for Design Specifications and Project Management Requirements:
• Admin control panel to easily make changes to the site such as adding products and pictures
• Multiple store management from the admin control panel
• Possibility to magic zoom plus each product (with a 'cursor')
• Filters by different categories, product types, prices, etc.
• Ability to change pictures in flash banner on front page
• Buy and use gift certificates
• Select product type at product page
• Incorporate SEO components so that organic and ppc searches are part of the experience
• Products can be added to the shopping basket and or alternatively added to a Wish List
• Way for the user to leave notes / suggestions for each product, that we can review before posting
• Google analytics for all pages, that can track user movement through the site and a database that tracks user activity
• How did you hear about us questionnaire during checkout
• Featured items on flash banner
• Web store would be open to new customer to order without log-in, returning customer should be reconigzed by the website.
• B To C new customer will see standard prices.
• B To B wholesale account after log-in will see wholesale prices
• Special customer after log-in will see special prices.
• Wishlist shopping cart to send friends and ability to e-mail individual product pages
• Customized recommendations (you might also like) section
• Site search capability that is well documented
• Ability to share on social networking sites like facebook, digg, delicious, etc. ([login to view URL])
• Flexible coupons and promotions
• Ability to assign customers to groups / tiers
• Newsletter support
• Flexible tax models
• Real time shipping rates and option to offer free shipping after set purchase amount
• PDA / smartphone / iPhone optimized
• Alternative for flash view, html version of site
• Friend referral scheme so that if someone else buys using your code then you get a discount off next purchase
• Rewards points for purchases that can be used towards future purchases
• Recently viewed items for individual user like [login to view URL]
• Ability to save items for shopping bag until next visit with cookie even if not logged in
• Multiple product pictures
• Order history database
• Invoice history database
• Order confirmation e-mails and shipment notification with tracking
• Backorder ability when items out of stock (Inventory Management with Backordered items, Minimum and Maximum quantities)
• Inventory database, full analytics and reporting (Best Viewed Products Report, Best Purchased Products Report, Low Stock Report)
• Block downloading of pictures
• Multiple checkout options (paypal, credit card, COD, bank to bank wire, Western Union.)
• Landing page tool for campaigns
• “Sort by” drop down menu
• We will like for customers to be able to request for an item that is not in our product catalog and also get an alert when its available
• Anything else you can think of that we are missing!
Recommendation of a reliable e-commerce solution with many features that can be modified would be helpful.
Please break down your bid in terms of a Project Development Perspective:
Web design including site cutup, concept and graphic design, template creation, shopping cart implementation, content implementation and programming.
Work will be considered complete when graphics / layout has been approved and the site can go "live" and accept orders.
The opportunity exists for an on-going and mutually productive and satisfying work relationship.
Please REPLY to this post only if you have a portfolio illustrating your experience and have a team that can finish this within 60 days. You must be able to communicate at all levels and start this job immediately.
We ask to bid only very skilled/serious programmers with a good portfolio. In your reply please state the OS: database, system and e-commerce you suggest and submit links of e-commerce web site you have developed. We reserve the right to contact the companies to obtain references. No automatic reply please.