Basically we need help with a website our company has created. The basic design has been done, using a wordpress theme (mylisting theme) with some basic customization completed already. Our team has pretty much used all our knowledge and we are now looking for an experienced developer to take the site to another level. With using a theme, it still looks too generic for our liking so we need someone with exiting design ideas and the technical know how to complete certain tasks.
This will be an ongoing job with specific tasks, some small, some larger that need to be completed before we launch into a large marketing campaign.
A bit about the business: The website is a directory ( we can't give away the full concept at the moment). It allows users to search for a business, view profiles, add reviews, and search for the right 'match in their area. The UK specifically as this is where we are launching the business. We have already defined some areas that need improvement which I have listed below. This is by no means everything but just to give you an idea of the type of work we need doing.
1. Customization of user account page (woocommerce)
2. Customizing the 'look' of the business profile pages
3. Free trial without the need for credit card entry before it expires
4. Some work on the homepage, so it displays nearest businesses if users allow use of current location.
5. The site allows individuals to create profiles, but we also want businesses to register and make profiles, with custom links to individual staff profiles on their page. So we need to set up a listing sign-up where a business has a main homepage, then can also create 5 individual staff profiles which are all linked.
6. Also basic tasks like adding the different categories with related images and some search tags relating to these fields.
7. When the site is up and running perfectly, we need to create a landing page where businesses can sign up before the website is fully launched. So they are able to use certain functions of the site ie create profile with a free trial, see their own profile, but nothing else. And ideally we want them to be able to get friends and existing clients to visit their profile and write reviews before the site is launched. Nothing worse than an unpopulated online directory.
8. Currently listings can only upload one video to their profile, We would like them to be able to upload multiple videos.
9. customization of homepage search function.
10. Create an award/level scheme for businesses, once they have a certain number of reviews and rating, they become silver, gold, platinum businesses.
This is what I can think of at the moment, but there will definitely be more to come. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting online venture, some room for creativity and input. And if a good job is done, we will certainly be looking for someone on a long-term freelance basis to keep our site up to date and innovative.
I look forward to your proposals.