This is a small little piece of POC on Android and web side. Only experts who have done work on the below and can do this quickly are preferable.
A small set of Android POC application which will do:
- Capture Location(GPS) detail at an interval
- Send captured Location details to a web service at an interval
- Will have crashlytics implemented
In addition to the above,
the below is what is required from the web side too (preferably PHP):
- There will be a sub-domain URL for web services base URL : A sub-domain [url removed, login to view] will be there.
- [url removed, login to view] URL will take you to Admin login screen.
- Admin panel
- Admin can Create and Disable Users
- There will be a configuration setting area to configure GPS data capture interval (in seconds) and GPS data sending interval (in seconds).
- Movement Plotted Report of an user on google Map
- Current position of users on google Map
- A web service receiving GPS data from Android APP in JSON format
- A web service giving success/failure for login on APP
- A web service for sending configuration settings from config DB table
- Admin can click on a user on the map and send them a message (in-app message) which directly goes to user's mobile app.
More details will be shared but can the following be answered in the proposal:
- Do you have any sample work to showcase?
- What is the final cost and timeframe you are looking at?
- We will be needing the full code/db structure and deployed/tested/running application.
There are couple of more logics/information to be taken care of as below:
- If the internet is off on mobile, the mobile app will keep capturing data and sync back to web service when it receives the internet.
- If user has switched off Location on their mobile, there will be a report in the admin side back-end listing down all users who's location are OFF. This report shows the list of users who's location is OFF.
- The service as described above which sends location data to web should be a background service and it should collect and send the following from the Location API to be stored into the DB:
location data capture time
location data sending time
The PHP web service should receive this data and store into GPS table along with another column in the DB which is going to be the server storing time.
- There has to be an Alarm method to be implemented in the mobile app; which will check if the background location capture service is running or not. If not, it will start the service. This should be done every 30 minutes.
- Benchmarked mobile app theme (login screen) is attached. We don't need exactly this but a similar intuitive design. Further screens to be designed as similar to this.
- Please select any basic but intuitive design for admin but it should be responsive so it can be viewed nicely on mobile if possible.
- The admin side to be done in PHP and web-services should be REST based and data to be shared between the mobile app and web in JSON format.
Deliverables of the project:
a. Please do keep updating
a. Working Code and DB structure for both Android APP + Web Admin side. Please note we need support on bugs to be rectified in case there will be any.
- Deployment/Installation Document for both APP + Web
- List of all modules as defined in the project details above along with if they are done in the delivery or not
- The code should be well commented wherever best possible