HUMAN RESOURCES - Critical Analysis Essay: (3,000 – 3,500 words)
The Essay statement and Question:
Human resource management policies and practices significantly influence the psychological contract by signalling to employees the expectations of the organisation as well as what employees can expect in return (Holland et al. 2012, p. 110)
Given the mobility of workers and the range of different working and employment arrangements that are now available, explain the challenges for organisations and the human resources function in terms of talent management, employee attraction, engagement, performance management, and commitment.
- The main purpose of this task is to explain the challenges that Organisation and Human Resources function face when integrating the changing nature of employment and employee working arrangements, e.g. mobility of workers, Gig Economy, flexible work arrangements, Tele Workers, growing contingent workforce) into the business
- When answering the question you must place a particular focus on Talent management, Employee Attraction, Engagement, Performance management and Employee Commitment - and the challenges these areas need to consider/accept/manage
- You may discover that you have many challenges to discuss across these areas - if so, my recommendation is to highlight these upfront but then dig deeper into the ones that support your response/argument. E.g. highlight that while many challenges were found, your response will be focusing on x, y, z elements as they have the greatest impact on your industry (please focus on the Technology industry)
- Consider whether the examples you focus on are essentially good or bad - not only what challenges, but what opportunities do they offer to the workforce? How do they contribute to or deter organisational capability? Is it worth it? How do you know this?
- Consider the statement offered upfront and the emphasis on the “psychological contract” within it.
- The key will be to back up your arguments and practical evidence from your specific industry (Technology industry), with solid academic evidence (minimum 10 unique references and this must include an Australian reference). PLease use Harvard reference style
- The essay should be written in the third person, i.e. avoid "I", "we" - and distance yourself from the paper by using such language as "In this critical essay the following key themes will be analysed..".
Default bid Relevant Skills and Experience More than 8 years Proposed Milestones $777 AUD - Default milestone Please send me message to discuss in details. Thank you