We're a small private transport company that receive bookings for transfer/touristic services (mostly Airport to/from City centre transfers). We have hundreds of bookings from multiple providers with customer and service details that need to be manually inserted into our third-party dispatch software (Limoanywhere), this is time-consuming, prone to errors and with high probability that some details are changed. Bookings are received by email only, email and XML file, or only accessible from the providers website. From the dispatch software the customer’s/providers service is controlled all the way through (from assigning driver, trip status updates, sending to sub-contracted drivers, pricing, reports etc).
The deliverable should be a single script file that screens our provider's platform for unconfirmed travel bookings, gathers and classifies the relevant information (that possibly are amended/cancelled by clients) and feeds into our dispatch software's API to create reservations. The deliverable should, with flexibility for corrections and further implementations, provide for the following (but not only) objectives:
- On click, create new dispatch reservations from bookings that have not been verified.
- Option for scheduled sync (X day at X time).
- Confirmation that all the necessary info is filled. Alerts if important data is missing (p. ex. customer’s flight number)
- Automatic correction of created reservations by booking amendments; Reservation cancellations by booking cancellation.
- Automatic verification of booking if necessary.
NOTE: To be fair, a lot could be added to make the script more functional and relevant to our company (accounting, daily-basis reference, client support etc etc). But talking and discussing what is important to be included, what is technically possible to implement and add, is a must. Suggestions are more than welcome.
This project could include Optional/Further implementations:
- Basic graphic UI
- Whatsapp integration for client/partner notifications