Thomas Freidman, three time Pulitzer Prize winner journalist, argues that "the world is flat.” In other words, globalization has leveled the world, and today organizations and countries have fair chance to compete in the global market. He outlined 10 forces that have flattened the world (refer to the video we watched in class, your notes, and the book summary online or on the slides).
In this project, you need to write a short essay to answer the following questions.
1) Is the world really flat? What is your opinion? Point out and discuss two potential drawbacks of a flat world. During last few years, do you think the world becoming more FLAT or ROUND? Why? Support your arguments with external references and provide examples that are relevant to your opinion.
Note: you may agree or disagree with the idea (both views are okay). What matters is that you provide reasonable justification, evidence, and/or support for your ideas.
2) Pick a flattener that is the most important in your opinion. Discuss why you think it is important and support your arguments with external references.
- You need to provide answer for all questions in your essay. You can choose to write one essay or divide the write-up based on the questions [url removed, login to view] can format the cover page based on your preferences. In addition, write the total word count of your essay (excluding references) on the bottom of cover page (example Word count: 821). - The essay should be minimum 700 words and maximum 1000 (excluding references). Use 11point Times New Roman font with 1.5 spacing between lines (so no page limitation, but word limitation).
- There should be a minimum of three external references for each question. • The references could be articles posted in books, journals, news, magazines etc. you can use [url removed, login to view] or other sources to look for relevant sources that back up your argument.
• Note that your source cannot be Wikipedia. • Use MLA style to format your references. See examples and guidelines here: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
• Put the list of references at the end of your essay.
• If you are citing a reference, you must paraphrase the sentences in the source rather than cope-pasting from it. Read this links below to make sure you understand plagiarism in writing: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
- Make sure that the formatting and grammar is correct and your essay is free of typos. - Upload your word file (no PDF) on BB, using the link from the assignment tab
Deadline:[url removed, login to view]